For Valentine’s Day you may receive some gifts

 

Please be aware that chocolates and flower bouquet with lilies are poisonous to your pets. So please keep them out of reach.

Lilies are extremely poisonous to cats. The whole plant is poisonous, even minimal contact with pollen or drinking the water from the vase can potentially be very dangerous. Exposure can cause fatal renal failure.

Signs of poisoning include:

* Vomiting
* Racing or irregular pulse
* Weakness/Lethargy
* Excessive Drinking

Chocolate is poisonous to both cats and dogs. This is due to chocolate containing both caffeine and theobromine. The darker the chocolate the greater the risk, however all chocolate is dangerous!

Signs of poisoning include:

* Vomiting
* Diarrhoea
* Excessive drinking
* panting
* restlessness
* a racing heart rate.
In severe cases you may even see muscle tremors or seizures.

If you believe that your pet may have eaten chocolates or lilies please ring your local branch.

cat licking lilies at Haven Vets
Haven Vets Swansea logo