Dear little Lolo had eaten a full box of chocolates!
Chocolate is very dangerous to your dogs as it contains a compound called theobromine. Theobromine primarily affects the central nervous system and heart, causing arrythmias (irregular heart beat) and sometimes seizures.
Your pet can become seriously ill, especially if the chocolate consumed is dark and containing a high percentage of cocoa.
Luckily for Iolo, his owners noticed what he’d been up to and immediately called us! He was brought straight down to our Llanelli branch and was given medication to make him sick, ensuring that the chocolate was out of his system!
Thankfully he has made a full recovery.
Christmas time comes with many temptations (and perils!) to our pets. Chocolate, sultanas, raisins, mince pies, onions and Christmas decorations should all be kept out of reach.
If you believe that your pet has eaten any of these things then please do not hesitate to contact us!
It is with great sadness that during this challenging time we have had to close our branch surgeries
Mandy, a friend of Haven Vets is running the London marathon this April in aid of guide dogs!
Kevin has had to have intensive surgery and post operative care after breaking his radius – but who would know?!