We have heard some alarming reports of rat poison being left out in popular dog walking locations in Swansea.

Rat poison is dangerous and potentially deadly to both cats and dogs. The poison is normally flavoured to make them attractive to rodents and these can also entice other animals to eat them.

Signs of rat bait poisoning may include:
* Obvious external signs of haemorrhage (dependent on where the bleeding is; for example bruising, bloody faeces or urine, nose bleeds, vomiting blood).
* Lethargy
* Weakness
* Loss of appetite
* Distended abdomen
* Coughing, wheezing, or difficulty breathing
* pale gums from anaemia
* Sudden death with no obvious clinical signs can also occur.

If you believe your pet has eaten rat poisoning please contact your local branch immediately.

Please be extra vigilant when walking your dogs!!

Haven Vets Swansea logo